SCO107: Write a position paper on the Singapore Green Plan 2030. Challenging Sustainability assignment
Module / Subject / School:
SCO107 Challenging Sustainability
Singapore University of Social Sciences
For this assignment, you will write a position paper on the Singapore Green Plan 2030. You should study the Singapore Green Plan 2030 in general, its key focus areas / key programmes, and what it states about collective and individual actions.
For your assignment, you are required to:
A. Choose ONE key focus area / key programme listed in the Singapore Green Plan 2030 (https://www.greenplan.gov.sg/key-focus-areas/overview) and explain its relevance to addressing intergenerational justice. 30 marks
• Briefly explain what Singapore Green Plan 2030 is.
• Read up on what intergenerational justice mean.
• There are five Key Programmes of the Green Plan. Read the brief descriptions in the website.
• You must select one of the key programmes in the Singapore Green Plan 2030 and explain how it is relevant to addressing intergenerational justice.
B. Appraise possibilities of actions in that one key focus area / key programme of your choice from the Singapore Green Plan 2030. 40 marks
• The Singapore Green Plan 2030 has provided 6 defined courses of actions to support its key programmes.
• From your chosen key programme in Question A, look at and find out the defined course of action or structured plan already in place in Singapore and briefly elaborate this defined course of action.
• For this structured plan, consider the method of governance, participation, and compliance.
• Examine this structured plan and provide details on the possibility (or impossibility) of actions to achieve commonly intended sustainable goals.
• Indicate how this structured plan appreciates diversity in Singapore for environmental sustainability.
• Is your selected plan able to play a role in global environmental sustainability? If yes, how so? If not, why not?
• Consider addressing counterarguments and challenges for your chosen structured plan.
C. Illustrate your appraisal in Question B with ONE concrete personal example, which can be an example of a possible action and/or a set of challenges for / contradictions of a relevant individual action. This example can be from the list in the official Singapore Green Plan 2030 or can be your own idea that is relevant to sustainability solutions. 30 marks
• The list is found in ‘Feature stories’ under the tab of ‘Ideas’.
• There are also other examples in the given website in this TMA.
• Your concrete example can be your own idea that is relevant to sustainability solutions.
• Your example can show positive and doable individual actions and/or a set of contradictions of a relevant individual action. However, do provide possible reasons to address why these actions are doable or facing challenges.
• Your illustration here should connect to your appraisal in Question B
You are expected to gather information from reliable sources and properly reference them. References should be in APA style, with in-text citations that correspond to a list of references. You should consult a range of references, including scholarly articles, reliable news outlets, government reports and policy documents.
This is an exercise in writing a position paper for an academic audience.
1) A position paper in academia is a substantiation of your position on a certain topic to facilitate further discussions.
2) You do not need to conduct experiments or original research, but you are required to collect clear evidence from published reports to shape and justify your position.
3) 800 words is the maximum number of words allowed. The title page, header-footer, in-text citations and reference list are not included in the word count. You should write the word count at the end of the paper.
4) You are encouraged to incorporate figures, photos, images, graphs, charts, or other visual materials that are relevant to your discussion.
5) The writing should be clear and concise.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their knowledge on Singapore’s sustainability programs.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
- Position paper focus: To score well in this assignment, it is crucial to write a position paper on the Singapore Green Plan 2030. Your paper should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the plan, its key focus areas/programs, and its implications for collective and individual actions.
- Key focus area/program: You are required to choose one key focus area/program from the Singapore Green Plan 2030 and explain its relevance to addressing intergenerational justice. Ensure you provide a brief overview of the plan itself, define intergenerational justice, and explore how the chosen focus area/program contributes to addressing this concept.
- Appraise possibilities of actions: In this section, you need to appraise the possibilities of actions within the chosen focus area/program. This involves examining the defined courses of action or structured plans already in place in Singapore, considering the methods of governance, participation, and compliance. Evaluate the potential for achieving sustainable goals, appreciating diversity in Singapore, and contributing to global environmental sustainability. Address counterarguments and challenges related to the chosen structured plan.
- Illustrate with a concrete personal example: Provide one concrete personal example that demonstrates a possible action and/or a set of challenges or contradictions within the relevant individual action. This example can be from the official Singapore Green Plan 2030 or your own relevant idea. Connect this example to your appraisal in Question B and explain the positive aspects or challenges faced. Ensure your illustration aligns with the overall argument and analysis.
- Gathering information from reliable sources: To support your position paper, it is important to gather information from reliable sources such as scholarly articles, reliable news outlets, government reports, and policy documents. Use a range of references to shape and justify your position, and remember to properly reference them using APA style. In-text citations and a list of references are required.
- Word count and visual materials: The maximum word count for the paper is 800 words, excluding the title page, header-footer, in-text citations, and reference list. Be concise and clear in your writing. You are encouraged to incorporate visual materials like figures, photos, graphs, or charts that are relevant to your discussion. Visual aids can enhance the clarity and impact of your arguments.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.