RBP020L062H: Create a comprehensive analysis of the financial and non-financial performance of an international organization (of your choice) and its closest competitor. Financial Performance Management assignment
Module / Subject / School:
RBP020L062H Financial Performance Management
Instructions for assessment
There will be one summative assessment which involves a comprehensive analysis of the financial and non-financial performance of an international organization (of your choice) and its closest competitor. You are required to select an international organization (company A), identify its closest competitor (company B), and analyze their financial performance using ratio analysis. You are then required to summarize and critique the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) literature and develop a balanced scorecard performance evaluation of the organization (company A) and its critical success factors. Finally, you need to provide a critical analysis of the benefits and challenges of adopting Integrated Reporting for your selected organization (company A). This is an individual report and should be 3,500 words (10% tolerance) excluding references, tables, figures, and appendix.
During the module, you are asked to submit a “Report overview” by the set deadline. It represents an opportunity to start working towards the assessment and receive feedback early in the module. Detailed instructions on the Formative Assessment will be available on Moodle.
There will also be regular opportunities for Q&A on your summative work while it is under construction. Note that we will not provide any written or marks indicative feedback on drafts for summative assessment at any time. Should you perceive any formative feedback such way, then please note that it is not binding for your marking. Markers can also always change and you have no entitlement to be marked by the module convener or tutors
Structure and presentation (Summative Assessment)
The assignment should address the following questions:
Question 1 (30%). Select an international organisation (of your choice – company A) and identify its closest competitor (company B). Present the two organisations and the criteria used for the identification of the competitor. Use ratio analysis technique to evaluate the financial performance of the two organizations; draw a comparative evaluation and critically discuss the findings. You need to access the annual financial statements of the last two years and provide details of the ratio calculations. It is recommended to use graphs and tables to present your analysis, and cite academic literature.
Question 2 (30%). With reference to relevant literature, critically evaluate Kaplan and Norton’s Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System. Develop a proposed Balanced Scorecard to include critical success factors (CSF’s) for your selected organisation (company A).
Question 3 (30%). Provide a critical analysis of the benefits and challenges of adopting Integrated Reporting (IR) for your selected organization (company A). Use academic literature and refer to the International Integrated Reporting framework to support your discussion.
Presentation (10%). Mark awarded for presentation refers to overall structure and presentation, academic style of writing, use of Harvard style for references and in text citations. You need to use a comprehensive range of relevant (academic and professional) sources; use of online sources should be limited and the reliability of the source should be verified. All sources need to be acknowledged and referenced properly to ensure the originality of the work. The report needs to follow the below structure and address the three questions. The word limit for this assignment is 3,500 words (10% tolerance) excluding references, tables, figures, and appendix.
Important note: Please refrain from selecting companies that have been shown for demonstration purposes during the sessions (this includes, for example, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Axa, Philip Morris, Monnalisa, Impahla Clothing, Viasat, Dellas).
Any written work should be spell-checked and a contents page should be included. Do not use various font sizes and colours; Black ink, Arial, size 11, 1.5 lines spaced is recommended. Use DIN A4 format and page margins of 2.5 cm or 1 inch.
Proposed structure of the Report:
- Introduction Introduce the scope and focus of the report (approx. 250 words)
- Financial Performance using Ratio Analysis Question 1 (approx. 1,000 words)
- Balanced Scorecard Question 2 (approx. 1,000 words)
- Integrated Reporting Question 3 (approx. 1,000 words)
- Conclusions Provide an overall conclusion based on the reflection from the report (approx. 250 words)
Appendix – Provide details on the calculations presented in Question 1.
The proposed structure above intends to provide a recommendation on the structure of the coursework. This can be enriched with more sections/subsections as you consider appropriate (example abstract, executive summary, table of contents, appendices, etc.).
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the concepts.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
To excel in your summative assessment report, follow these steps and adhere to the provided instructions:
1. Selecting Organizations:
- Choose an international organization (company A) that interests you.
- Identify its closest competitor (company B) using well-defined criteria.
2. Financial Performance Analysis (Question 1):
- Access the annual financial statements of both organizations for the last two years.
- Apply ratio analysis techniques to evaluate their financial performance.
- Present ratio calculations with supporting tables and graphs.
- Discuss the findings critically, comparing the performance of the two organizations.
- Cite relevant academic literature to support your analysis.
3. Balanced Scorecard (Question 2):
- Critically evaluate Kaplan and Norton’s Balanced Scorecard as a strategic management system using relevant literature.
- Develop a proposed Balanced Scorecard for your selected organization (company A).
- Include critical success factors (CSFs) relevant to the company’s strategic goals.
- Explain your choices and justify the inclusion of CSFs.
4. Integrated Reporting Analysis (Question 3):
- Provide a critical analysis of the benefits and challenges of adopting Integrated Reporting (IR) for your selected organization (company A).
- Refer to the International Integrated Reporting framework and academic literature to support your analysis.
- Discuss how IR can enhance transparency and stakeholder engagement.
5. Overall Structure and Presentation (Presentation – 10%):
- Ensure a well-organized structure following the provided proposed structure.
- Start with an introduction that outlines the scope and focus of the report.
- Use subheadings for each question (Financial Performance, Balanced Scorecard, Integrated Reporting).
- Conclude the report by summarizing key insights and reflections.
- Use an appropriate academic writing style and adhere to the recommended font, spacing, and margin guidelines.
- Proofread your work to eliminate any spelling or grammatical errors.
- Use the Harvard referencing style for citing sources within the text and compiling the reference list.
- Ensure you include a comprehensive range of relevant academic and professional sources.
- Verify the reliability of online sources before using them.
- Include detailed calculations presented in Question 1 in the appendix.
- Clearly label and organize any additional material in the appendix.
8. Additional Tips:
- Start early to allow time for research, analysis, and revisions.
- Use a clear and concise writing style.
- Engage in critical thinking and analysis throughout the report.
- Seek clarification if you have any doubts about the instructions.
- Submit your report within the specified word limit, with a 10% tolerance.
Remember, the key to success is a well-structured report that combines in-depth analysis, clear explanations, and proper referencing. Good luck!
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.