PSY393: Essay exam questions
Module / Subject / School:
PSY393: Psychology: The Developing Mind
Write an essay response to any TWO (2) of the following topics.
- Piaget and the behaviourists disagreed about whether cognitive development and learning amounted to the same thing. What is your position on this issue and why? How would a school classroom operating on purely Piagetian principles differ from one based on behaviourism? What would the similarities be?
- “The single, best way to maximize cognitive ability within the population would be to promote the physical health of all age groups.” Discuss, with reference to topics covered in PSY393.
- Why do older children recall information better than younger children? Are age-related improvements in memory a cause of cognitive development or a consequence of it?
- “Designing a study in developmental psychology is simple: just take two different age groups and compare their performance on a standard cognitive task.” Do you agree? Discuss.
- How many human intelligences are there? Explain your reasoning and provide empirical evidence to justify your answer. Are some intelligences more important than others? Explain why you hold this view.
- To what extent do genes determine a person’s cognitive ability profile? Provide evidence for your answer. Does the answer matter? Explain why or why not.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
These essay questions are designed to test your knowledge and understanding of the concepts and theories discussed in the module. Since you will only need to answer 2 of the 6 questions provided, make sure that you choose carefully and strategically. In this assessment, you will also need to pay attention to the grading criteria and write your answer in a way that will satisfy the description of what an excellent essay is like. In answering the questions, you must not beat around the bush, and instead go straight to the point in giving an answer and providing details to support it. Now these details must all be relevant to the topic you have selected and are explicitly explained how it is applicable in that case. Keep in mind that in writing an essay, there must always be a good structure and logically sound arguments as you examine and critically analyse the major viewpoints of your essay.
There are some students who do not bother to differentiate between theoretical ideas and empirical facts. As a result, their essay becomes weak and not comprehensive enough. To avoid creating a mediocre output and getting low marks, try to distinguish between them. Also, make sure that the argument addresses the strengths and weaknesses of each empirical study on the topic. One more thing to remember is that you will also need to give fair and balanced interpretations of the findings in your essay response.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
Started in 2010, we have been providing assignment help for Singaporean students. Our service is backed by our famous 200% money-back guarantee and customers have come to love how we are readily available through whatsapp for communication.
We have done well for this piece, but are unfortunately unable to share with you. Why not have us work on a model assignment for you instead? You can know more about the service here.