PSY265: Develop a weight management intervention program for overweight adults between the age of 21 and 69 years. Health Psychology assignment
Module / Subject / School:
PSY265 Health Psychology
Singapore University of Social Sciences
Please be succinct in your writing and include only relevant information in your answer. Note the word limit for each part.
Support your answers with relevant research findings where appropriate. A minimum of five academic sources should be included across the entire TMA.
You have been tasked by your boss to develop an affordable, evidence based weight management intervention for 30 individuals who have a BMI between 23.0-32.4 kg/m2.
Many of these clients have been diagnosed with high cholesterol and have been recommended to lose weight. All clients are aware that they have a weight issue, thus they have been put on the interest list for this weight management program. In the meantime, your boss has linked you up with Active SG to allow this program to be a collaborative one.
Part A (40 marks) Word limit: 400 words
Given that the program is evidence-based, develop a weight management intervention program for overweight adults between the age of 21 and 69 years.
- Students are advised to consider the target population, the structure and duration of the program, possible partners you want to rope in, and outcomes you wish to achieve at the end of the program.
- Students may wish to consider the biopsychosocial components when developing the intervention.
Part B (30 marks) Word limit: 300 words
Select (an) appropriate behaviour change model(s) and explain how you can apply this to your proposed intervention.
Students are advised to explain the chosen behaviour change model/theory and show how the model or components of the model is giving structure to your intervention.
Part C (20 marks) Word limit: 300 words
Appraise the effectiveness of the model/theory used to guide your proposed evidence-based weight management intervention targeted at overweight adults.
- Additional notes:
Students are advised to read extensively on studies that appraise the effectiveness of the model used to guide the structure of the intervention program.
- Students are advised to critically reflect on whether the model/ theory used to guide the structure of the intervention program is effective in helping overweight adults manage their weight.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the concepts.
To score well on this assignment, consider the following guidelines:
Question 1: You have been tasked with developing an affordable, evidence-based weight management intervention for individuals with a BMI between 23.0-32.4 kg/m2, many of whom have high cholesterol. The program should cater to overweight adults aged 21 to 69 years. The assignment has three parts:
Part A (40 marks): Develop a weight management intervention program for the target population. Consider the program’s structure, duration, potential partners, and desired outcomes. Take into account the biopsychosocial components when designing the intervention. Keep the word limit of 400 words in mind and ensure that your answer is focused and concise.
Part B (30 marks): Select appropriate behavior change model(s) and explain how they can be applied to your proposed intervention. Choose a model or theory that aligns with the objectives of the program and illustrate how it provides structure to your intervention. Be clear in your explanation and relate it directly to your proposed program. Stick to the word limit of 300 words.
Part C (20 marks): Evaluate the effectiveness of the chosen behavior change model/theory in guiding your proposed evidence-based weight management intervention. Conduct extensive research to find studies that appraise the effectiveness of the model or theory you used to structure your intervention program. Critically reflect on whether the model or theory is effective in helping overweight adults manage their weight. Stay within the word limit of 300 words.
To score well, ensure that your answers are well-organized, demonstrate a clear understanding of the concepts, and are supported by relevant research findings. Be concise and avoid including unnecessary information. Use academic sources to back up your arguments and provide evidence for the effectiveness of the chosen behavior change model(s). Critical reflection and evaluation of the model’s applicability and effectiveness are key components of Part C.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.