PSY207: Using extant academic research, examine the challenges and issues people in the young adulthood stage (20 to 40 years) face in managing platonic friendships and familial relationships. Developmental psychology assignment
Module / Subject / School:
PSY207 Developmental psychology
Singapore University of Social Sciences
Part 2: Short Essay (60 marks) [Word limit = 1000]
Do you ever feel like breaking down? Do you ever feel out of place Like somehow you just don’t belong And no one understands you? Do you ever wanna run away? Do you lock yourself in your room With the radio on turned up so loud That no one hears you’re screaming?
– verse from ‘Welcome to My Life’ by Simple Plan
Using extant academic research, examine the challenges and issues people in the young adulthood stage (20 to 40 years) face in managing platonic friendships and familial relationships.
In addition, provide some advice for someone in their early 20s on how he or she can better manage these two types of relationships based on theoretical and/or empirical support.
Support your answer with a minimum of five academic sources.
References (5 marks)
Note on use of referencing software
Reference lists created by referencing software have formatting restrictions and your instructor will not be able to insert comments within the list. If you wish to receive feedback on errors in your reference list, prepare this without using any referencing software.
The References lists the full reference of all sources cited or referred to in your assignment. In- text citations also need to be presented accurately in APA format.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the concepts.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
To excel in this Short Essay assignment on challenges faced in managing platonic friendships and familial relationships during young adulthood, it’s important to follow a clear structure and provide evidence from academic sources to support your points.
Start your essay with an engaging introduction that captures the essence of the given verse from ‘Welcome to My Life’ by Simple Plan. Briefly explain the relevance of the lyrics to the challenges faced by individuals in their 20s to 40s regarding platonic friendships and familial relationships. This will set the context for your discussion.
In the main body of the essay, address the challenges and issues people encounter in managing these two types of relationships. Draw on extant academic research to support your points. For example, you can discuss how changing life priorities, career demands, and geographical mobility can affect the maintenance of platonic friendships during young adulthood. Similarly, explore the impact of role transitions and communication barriers on familial relationships during this life stage. Use specific examples from research studies to illustrate each point and ensure a well-rounded discussion.
Next, provide practical advice for someone in their early 20s on how they can better manage platonic friendships and familial relationships. Base your advice on theoretical and/or empirical support from the academic sources you’ve cited. For instance, suggest strategies for maintaining long-distance friendships, effective communication techniques for resolving conflicts with family members, and ways to balance personal and social life commitments. Make sure your advice is practical and applicable to real-life situations.
Throughout the essay, maintain proper APA formatting for in-text citations and references. Accurate and consistent referencing is essential for showing the academic rigor of your work.
Conclude the essay by summarizing the key challenges and offering a hopeful perspective for individuals facing these relationship issues during young adulthood. Emphasize the importance of communication, empathy, and personal growth in navigating these challenges successfully.
To score well, ensure that you meet the word limit of 1000 words and use a minimum of five credible academic sources. Organize your essay into paragraphs with clear subheadings for different sections, such as “Challenges in Platonic Friendships,” “Challenges in Familial Relationships,” and “Advice for Young Adults.” This will make your essay well-structured and easy to follow for the reader.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.