Patient Centered Care Assignment Help – Person-Centred Care Dementia Care
Module / Subject / School:
Person-Centred Care Dementia Care
Mr. Chee is a retired Army Officer. He used to be very active and enjoyed jogging or swimming during his free time. He also liked to play poker cards with friends and drinking beer during the game.
However, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease two years ago, and his condition has deteriorated. Mr. Chee’s wife faced challenges looking after him and decided to place him in a nursing home.
Mr. Chee was admitted to EFG Nursing Home one month ago and stayed in a single room with an attached bathroom and toilet. Mr. Chee spent most of the time watching television programmes. The care staff came into his room to serve him meals and assist him with personal care. There was not much communication between Mr. Chee and the care staff.
Sometimes the care staff would invite him out of the room to the activity area. The activity area looked plain with dim lighting and felt somewhat warm and stuffy. Many of the residents would be quietly doing puzzles, watching TV programmes, or dozing on their seats. The care staff would usually give him activities such as colouring or puzzles to do by himself without anyone guiding him.
Mr. Chee started to appear depressed. Whenever his wife was not present, he would repeatedly ask the care staff, “what time is it?”, and “when is my wife coming?”. He stopped going out of his room. He was often found with his eyes closed while the TV is on and would appear agitated whenever the staff ask him to go out of his room to the activity area.
Based on this case scenario, you are required:
- Explain the impact of the physical, emotional and social environment on Mr. Chee. Separate the writing of three environments into individual paragraph (150 words for each environment). (At least 2 references)
- Describe 3 strategies we can use to promote person-centred care for Mr. Chee, based on the 5 psychological needs (attachment, comfort, inclusion, occupation, identity) (use the Tom Kitwood six elements of psychological needs to explain this) (150 words in total). (At least 2 references)
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
The case scenario provided involves Mr. Chee, a retired Army Officer diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, residing in a nursing home. Here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
- Impact of Physical, Emotional, and Social Environment:
Physical Environment (150 words): Discuss how the physical environment of Mr. Chee’s room and the activity area in the nursing home can impact his well-being. Explore the plain and dimly lit activity area, its warm and stuffy atmosphere, and the limited engagement and stimulation provided to residents. Explain how these factors may contribute to feelings of isolation, lack of motivation, and depression. Support your analysis with evidence from at least two references that highlight the importance of a positive and engaging physical environment for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease.
Emotional Environment (150 words): Focus on the emotional impact of Mr. Chee’s situation, including his loneliness, confusion, and repetitive questioning about time and his wife’s arrival. Explain how the lack of meaningful communication and emotional support from the care staff can exacerbate his emotional distress. Discuss the potential consequences of these emotional challenges, such as withdrawal, decreased engagement, and increased agitation. Cite at least two references to provide evidence on the significance of emotional well-being in dementia care and the importance of creating an emotionally supportive environment.
Social Environment (150 words): Analyze the social interactions and engagement opportunities available to Mr. Chee in the nursing home. Describe how the limited communication and lack of social connection with care staff and other residents can affect his social well-being. Discuss the importance of social inclusion, socialization, and opportunities for meaningful engagement in maintaining cognitive and emotional health for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease. Use at least two references to support your analysis and emphasize the impact of the social environment on the overall well-being of individuals in long-term care settings.
- Strategies for Promoting Person-Centered Care:
Based on the 5 Psychological Needs (150 words): Use Tom Kitwood’s six elements of psychological needs (attachment, comfort, inclusion, occupation, identity) to propose three strategies for promoting person-centered care for Mr. Chee. Describe how each strategy addresses specific psychological needs and contributes to enhancing his overall well-being and quality of life. Provide examples of practical interventions or approaches that align with these psychological needs. Support your suggestions with references to at least two sources that discuss person-centered care and the psychological needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease.
Remember to use clear and concise language, provide relevant examples, and ensure proper referencing throughout your response. By addressing the impact of the environment on Mr. Chee and proposing person-centered care strategies, you will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the topic and increase your chances of scoring well on this assignment.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.