NURS5039: Design a small or micro teaching session for your ward or unit. Your selected learning theory should guide your approach to the strategies and approaches to your session. Clinical Workforce Development assignment
Module / Subject / School:
NURS5039 Clinical Workforce Development
ASSESSMENT ONE DETAILS
Supporting learning in the clinical environment is key to workforce development. The purpose of this assessment is to explore a learning theory by applying this theory to a clinical teaching scenario. There are 3 parts to this assessment:
Part A (750 words)
1.Select one learning theory
2. Discuss this learning theory. In your discussion, you should include a critique of the learning theory and its applicability to the clinical setting. Your critique must evaluate your learning theory and you are encouraged to use, synthesise and integrate the scholarly literature. Part B (500 words)
Design a small or micro teaching session for your ward or unit. Your selected learning theory should guide your approach to the strategies and approaches to your session.
1. Using the attached template, describe your session. Your description must include:
1. A Description of the session
2. Your approach(es) to teaching
3. Your strategies to engage your learners
2. It is important that your marker is clearly about to see the connect/application of your selected learning theory throughout your micro teaching session.
3. Please note, you do not need to conduct your teaching session.
Part C (250 words)
Reflect on the teaching session you have developed.
1. How did your selected learning theory help you to develop this session?
2. Would you use this theory again? Why or why not?
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the theories.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
- Choosing a Learning Theory: Select a learning theory that you find most relevant and applicable to the clinical setting. Ensure you have a strong understanding of the theory’s principles and its implications for teaching and learning.
- Thorough Discussion and Critique: In your discussion, provide a comprehensive analysis of the chosen learning theory. Discuss its strengths and weaknesses and how it aligns with the clinical environment. Use scholarly literature to support your arguments and show a deep understanding of the theory.
- Synthesizing and Integrating Literature: Go beyond describing the learning theory; synthesize and integrate relevant scholarly literature to enrich your discussion. This demonstrates critical thinking and your ability to engage with academic sources.
- Designing the Teaching Session: When designing your micro teaching session, clearly connect it to the selected learning theory. Your marker should be able to see how the theory guides your approach, strategies, and engagement techniques.
- Comprehensive Session Description: Use the provided template to describe your teaching session thoroughly. Include a clear description of the session, your teaching approach, and strategies to engage learners. Be specific and detailed in your plan.
- Theory Application: Ensure your chosen learning theory is consistently applied throughout the micro teaching session. Explain how each element of your session aligns with the theory. This shows a strong connection between theory and practice.
- Reflecting on the Teaching Session: In your reflection, elaborate on how the selected learning theory influenced the development of your teaching session. Highlight specific aspects where the theory played a crucial role in shaping your approach.
- Future Use of the Theory: Share whether you would use this theory again for a similar teaching scenario. Explain your reasoning, considering its effectiveness, relevance, and alignment with your teaching philosophy.
- Clarity and Cohesion: Ensure your writing is clear and well-organized. Use appropriate headings and subheadings to structure your assessment effectively.
- Depth of Analysis: Demonstrate a deep understanding of the learning theory and its implications for the clinical environment. Support your arguments with evidence from scholarly sources.
- Originality: Avoid using generic or widely known examples. Try to be original in your approach to stand out and demonstrate creativity.
- Referencing: Follow the required referencing style (APA, Harvard, etc.) consistently throughout your assessment. Proper referencing enhances the credibility of your work.
- Proofreading: Before submission, thoroughly proofread your assessment to correct any grammatical or spelling errors. A well-polished piece showcases your attention to detail.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.