NURS4001: Complete a critical review of the literature focused on one of the following case studies (NSQHS Standard 6 or NSQHS Standard 8 Case Study) Nursing and Midwifery Capstone assignment
Module / Subject / School:
NURS4001 Nursing and Midwifery Capstone
Each student must individually complete a critical review of the literature focused on one of the following case studies:
1. NSQHS Standard 6: Communicating for Safety Standard
You are working on a surgical ward at Curtin Hospital as a graduate RN. In the past 4 weeks, your ward Manager has received 6 complaints from consumers. The complaints indicate that patients are unaware of updates on changes made to their care plan. Patients should receive relevant, accurate and up-to-date information about their own care as part of the clinical handover. The ward manager has asked you to assemble a team of Clinical Nurses’ and Registered Nurses’ to do a critical review of the literature on this subject.
2. NSQHS Standard 8: Recognising and responding to Acute Deterioration Standard You are working on a medical ward at Curtin Hospital as a graduate RN. In the past 12 weeks, your ward Manager has identified 8 patient examples where the system tracking of patient vital signs had not been correctly processed and documented over time, resulting in delays in detecting acute physiological deterioration. The ward manager has asked you to assemble a team of Clinical Nurses’ and Registered Nurses’ to do a critical review of the literature on this subject.
Your paper must provide a critical review of the literature on the chosen focus area including a discussion on how the chosen area relates to the Registered Nurse role, clinical performance and the evaluation of health care delivery in an acute care setting.
The chosen topic (either topic 1 or 2 above) must be included in the title. Your paper should present high quality credible evidence justifying and supporting your discussion (largely using peer-reviewed journal articles and research studies).
As a senior student succinct writing is an important aspect of your professional writing skills, taking this into account this assessment has a maximum word limit of 1000 words (+/- 10%). Note: The word count amount includes the main content text only excluding any main headings/sub-headings as well as any bracketed in-text citations. The Curtin Singapore submission sheet, title page, content page, and reference page/s are also not part of the word count. We will stop reading at 1100 words. Any content words you include after this point will not be read or included in marking, although your reference list will still be read and assessed. The marks come from how well you discuss and evaluate the subject. Your paper must have a clear discussion and not just be a description or summary of relevant literature. Remember to include the thesis statement at the beginning of your work (i.e. what your focus is).
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the standards.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
- Choose your case study: You have the option to select one of the provided case studies, either NSQHS Standard 6 or NSQHS Standard 8. Consider your role as a graduate RN and the specific challenges related to communication for safety or recognizing and responding to acute deterioration in the chosen setting.
- Conduct a critical review of the literature: Your paper should include a thorough review of the literature on your chosen focus area. Use credible sources such as peer-reviewed journal articles and research studies to support your discussion. Make sure to critically analyze and evaluate the literature rather than simply summarizing it.
- Relate to the Registered Nurse role and clinical performance: Discuss how the chosen focus area relates to the role of a Registered Nurse and impacts clinical performance. Consider the responsibilities and challenges faced by Registered Nurses in relation to the chosen NSQHS standard. Provide evidence-based insights to support your arguments.
- Evaluate healthcare delivery in an acute care setting: Explore how the chosen focus area influences the evaluation of healthcare delivery in an acute care setting. Discuss the implications for patient safety, quality of care, and overall healthcare outcomes. Draw connections between the literature and the specific context of an acute care setting.
- Word count and succinct writing: Keep in mind that succinct writing is important for professional writing skills. Adhere to the maximum word limit of 1000 words (+/- 10%). This count includes the main content text only and excludes main headings/sub-headings and in-text citations. The submission sheet, title page, content page, and reference page(s) are also not part of the word count. Ensure that your paper goes beyond description or summary and provides a clear discussion of the topic. Begin your work with a thesis statement that clearly states your focus.
- Clear discussion and high-quality evidence: Focus on developing a clear and coherent discussion throughout your paper. Ensure that your arguments are supported by high-quality evidence from credible sources. Justify your statements and provide thoughtful analysis of the literature. Remember that the marks are based on the quality of your discussion and evaluation of the subject matter.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.