NMS1116: Critically examine how healthcare organisations are held accountable to the public for the quality of care that they and their staff deliver. Clinical Governance and Professional Accountability assignment
Module / Subject / School:
NMS1116: Clinical Governance and Professional Accountability
Edinburgh Napier University
In the context of the current social and political climate, how can organisations be held accountable for the quality of care?
The assignment is the opportunity to reflect on the learning from the module, to provide evidence of an understanding of clinical governance and to critically examine how healthcare organisations are held accountable to the public for the quality of care that they and their staff deliver.
There may be various approaches and students may choose to look at alternative aspects but there will need to be a structure, there will need to be evidence of critical analysis of Clinical Governance in the UK or in your country and it will need to meet the Masters level objectives of the module.
Guidelines (structure, planning and preparation)
Structure, presentation and use of references:
Your essay should read as a formal piece of academic writing, including the use of the third person, correct referencing and paragraphing. You should demonstrate that care has been taken with grammar and spelling. Proof reading is essential to eradicate minor errors in syntax.
Preparation for assignments
Preparation for your assignment will involve study of the module units and some of the recommended texts, as well as additional material of your choice. Literature searches can be time-consuming, so make sure you allow time for this. Keep note of references and valuable resources as you proceed. Failure to do so can lead you to many frustrating hours trying to find the source of the information.
Quotations should be brief and used sparingly but any written material you have read and which you wish to use as a source of ideas in your assignment must be referenced. To omit this essential procedure ignores academic practice as well as copyright law. Quoting from or using other writers’ material without acknowledgement constitutes plagiarism, which is unacceptable (University Regulations).
Planning the assignment
Planning is an individual matter. Some students like to follow a structured approach from the outset, others may prefer to jot down points they consider important for later inclusion into the assignment and structure their work from these notes. Whatever you choose to do, do not be disheartened if you need to make numerous drafts before the final submission: this is quite normal!
Components, or aspects of a component, should be carefully linked so that the work reads fluently. Ensure that you provide sentences which link one paragraph to the next.
Refer to a Thesaurus as well as a dictionary to avoid word repetition and to make use of alternative vocabulary. One way of doing this is to read your essay out loud to yourself – another is to get a friend/relative or colleague to read your essay for you.
Your academic essay should be structured as follows:
• Front cover sheet
• Social and political context
• 2 or 3 components of Clinical Governance
• Appendices (optional)
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of clinical governance concepts.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
Title: Begin by clearly understanding the essay’s title and prompt. Focus on the context of the current social and political climate and how organizations can be held accountable for the quality of care they deliver. This will guide your entire essay, so ensure a comprehensive understanding of the topic.
Essay Structure: Plan and organize your essay effectively. Your introduction should set the tone and provide an overview of what the essay will cover. The main body should delve into the social and political context, discussing Clinical Governance components, and critically analyzing accountability methods. Ensure smooth transitions between paragraphs to maintain coherence.
Research and Evidence: Conduct thorough research by studying module units, recommended texts, and additional materials related to clinical governance and accountability. Use reliable sources and cite them correctly using the third person and appropriate referencing styles. Pay attention to grammar, spelling, and syntax to present a formal piece of academic writing.
Critical Analysis: Remember to critically examine the concepts of Clinical Governance and accountability. Engage with different viewpoints, theories, and models. Avoid relying solely on descriptive content; instead, provide insightful analysis and evaluation of the topic.
Social and Political Context: Clearly discuss how the current social and political climate impacts the accountability of healthcare organizations. Include real-world examples and case studies to strengthen your arguments and demonstrate a deep understanding of the subject.
Components of Clinical Governance: Choose two or three components of Clinical Governance to analyze in depth. Explain their relevance, benefits, and challenges in ensuring the quality of care. Use evidence to support your claims and explore their implementation in healthcare settings.
Conclusion: Summarize your key findings and main arguments in the conclusion. Emphasize the implications of your analysis on healthcare organizations’ accountability and suggest potential solutions or improvements.
Referencing and Avoiding Plagiarism: Properly cite all sources used in your essay to avoid plagiarism. Use quotes sparingly, and always attribute ideas and information to their original authors. Refer to the University Regulations and academic guidelines to ensure compliance.
Proofreading and Editing: Allocate time for proofreading and editing to eliminate any minor errors in grammar, spelling, and syntax. Reading your essay out loud or seeking assistance from others can be helpful in identifying areas for improvement.
Appendices: Use appendices only if necessary to provide supplementary information or data. Ensure they are relevant and enhance the understanding of your essay.
By following these suggestions, your fellow students can create a well-structured and well-researched essay that critically examines the accountability of healthcare organizations in the current social and political context. Encourage them to dedicate sufficient time to planning, research, and editing to produce a high-quality essay that meets the Master’s level objectives of the module. Good luck to them in their assignment!
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.