MAN6070: Generate ideas and create a final innovative solution to help solve a contemporary problem. Innovative Thinking for Organisational Development assignment
Module / Subject / School:
MAN6070 Innovative Thinking for Organisational Development
Birmingham City University
The nature of today’s global business environment means that contemporary organisations are faced with a range of challenges and opportunities presented by increasing levels of uncertainty, ambiguity and complexity. In order to be successful organisations need to find ways to be innovative, work with and indeed proactively exploit these conditions.
Such environments require individuals, teams and organisations to become more enterprising, resourceful, innovative and creative, and demand more critical or ‘beyond the box’ thinking. The aim of this module is to develop your awareness, skills and experience in the practice of entrepreneurship and innovation. We do this by involving you directly in the processes involved in generating ideas and establishing new ventures, and helping you reflect on how this experience relates to theory on the subject.
The chosen assessment method is appropriate to assess all four of the Module learning outcomes. It supports a theory to practice approach to learning and is in line with key expectations of employers and professional bodies for the development of effective oral communication skills. The capacity to draw on appropriate techniques to prepare and deliver confident and engaging oral presentations is a key management skill and is particularly relevant as a medium to promote innovative thinking and ideas within organisations.
Assessment Brief Parts 1 – 3
You are also required to include an e-portfolio which shows the process of your thinking and should include, along with academic theory where relevant, the following:
- Initial research from observation, desk and field research (stage 1 of DT process) Part 1: 10%
- Define the problem (approx. 350 words) (Stage 2 of DT process) Part 2: 20 %
- Define the solution and its features (approx. 350 words) (Stage 3 of DT process) Part 3: 20%
- A reference list in Harvard format
- All parts to be submitted together, due 7 January 2023, 11.59pm
*Please note please include any rough notes, research notes, transcriptions, photos of documents and visual material such as post-its, diary entries, models, map and so on (more to be discussed in the workshop).
Assessment Brief Part 4: 50%
The presentation should be in a multi-media format based on an individual basis. You can use other visual aids as well, such as mocked-up product/packaging, 3D printing, modelling, photos, post-it notes and so on. The presentation should be professional, engaging, academically rigorous and demonstrate the effective use of presentation techniques. The presentation is an opportunity for you to provide detail regarding the
innovative solution you have come up with to the contemporary problem. Your 15 minute individual presentation should include information on (but not limited to);
Detail on the Design Thinking process – each stage to identify-
- the issue you are going to solve,
- the research you carried out,
- the innovative ideas you came up with and which one you chose to take forward and why
- the prototype
- the testing stage and feedback
- what do you intend, if anything, to do with your idea in the future
Your references page will not be included in the word count, but inline citations used in the main body of the assignment (e.g. Smith and Jones (2010) identified that…) will be included in the word count.
You are required to declare the number of words used in your assignment. If you produce less than or exceed the stipulated word count by more than 10%, a deduction of the mark awarded will be made to reflect that you have not met the assessment requirements.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the theories.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
Understanding the Rationale: Ensure you fully grasp the rationale behind this assignment. It focuses on the challenges and opportunities presented by the global business environment, requiring innovative and entrepreneurial thinking. Recognize the significance of developing awareness, skills, and experiences in entrepreneurship and innovation to succeed in such environments.
E-Portfolio Inclusion: Take advantage of the e-portfolio to showcase your thinking process throughout the Design Thinking (DT) stages. Include initial research from observation, desk and field research, and explain how you defined the problem and proposed the solution. Use academic theory when relevant to support your arguments.
DT Process Details: Provide comprehensive details on the Design Thinking process during your individual presentation. Walk through each stage, including the issue you aimed to solve, the research conducted, innovative ideas generated, the chosen solution, the prototype, testing, and feedback received. Explain your decision-making process for selecting the solution and its features.
Engaging Multi-media Format: Opt for a dynamic and engaging multi-media format for your individual presentation. Utilize visual aids such as product mock-ups, 3D printing, photos, and post-it notes to enhance your presentation. Make sure it is academically rigorous and professionally delivered to effectively communicate your innovative solution.
Meeting Word Count Requirements: Pay attention to the word count limit for each part of the assignment. Include inline citations in the main body, but remember that they contribute to the word count. Declare the number of words used, as exceeding or falling short of the stipulated word count by more than 10% may lead to a deduction in marks.
Incorporating Workshop Material: Utilize rough notes, research notes, transcriptions, and visual materials discussed in the workshop. These elements will enrich your e-portfolio and demonstrate your engagement with the Design Thinking process.
Proper Referencing: Remember to use the Harvard referencing format for your reference list. Cite all external sources properly in your e-portfolio and individual presentation to avoid plagiarism and adhere to academic standards.
Focus on Innovation and Problem-solving: Throughout the assignment, keep the focus on innovation, problem-solving, and practical application. Emphasize how your solution addresses the contemporary problem and its potential impact in real-world scenarios.
Time Management: Plan your time wisely to ensure you have ample opportunity for research, reflection, and crafting a well-structured e-portfolio and individual presentation. Allocate time for proofreading to eliminate errors and enhance the overall quality of your work.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.