HRM11417: Critically evaluate the use of motivation theories in contemporary business to determine their effectiveness in improving employee task performance. Management and Organisational Change assignment
Module / Subject / School:
HRM11417 Management and Organisational Change assignment
According to Rollinson (2010), who cites Vroom, ‘task performance’ does not rely solely on motivation.
Critically evaluate the use of motivation theories in contemporary business to determine their effectiveness in improving employee task performance.
“Soft systems approaches to change emphasize not just the content and control of change but also the process by which change comes about. They require consideration of the cultural and political aspects of organisations as much as the structure and systems”. (Senior and Fleming: 2006).
Required: Determine in what situations it is either appropriate or inappropriate to employ soft system methodologies.
Part two and part one are equally weighted
It can be good practice in your preparations for each part to undertake a number of activities. These include:
- Do not repeat the question, merely state Part A or Part B at the top of the respective response.
- Establishing key issues/areas raised by the question
- Defining fundamental terms
- Describing contextual information e.g. background to topic and its significance and/or interesting statistical data
- Identifying, explaining in detail and cross-comparing relevant concepts, models and theoretical approaches
- Applying concepts to contemporary issues within business settings
- Applying models/theories to workplace/organisation/industry examples and/or evaluating the practical application of models/theories
- Drawing parallels between theory and practice
- Evaluating relative merits and drawbacks of opposing academic viewpoints with a view to building independent opinions
- Formulating balanced, persuasive independent arguments based on academic evidence and judgement
- Stating a clear, overall answer to the question
Part One Particular consideration may be given to:
- Assessing the context, which may include factors such as: Industry, Organisational age, Organisational size, Et. al.
- Definitions, examples and theories surrounding motivation from a range of sources.
- Analyse at least two observable practices which have been adopted by organisations.
- Critique how the given theories may work, in practice. You should consider the practice in different workplaces, industries and reasons for change.
- Furthermore, you should explore the advantages and disadvantages of the theories presented in obtaining enhanced organisational effectiveness.
- It is important to use appropriate references for the facts given; through application of the APA 7 th Ed Referencing system.
Part Two Particular consideration may be given to:
- Analyse the practice of organisational change methodology by discussion of the differences between the soft and hard systems models of change.
- Analyse how these models might work by exploring the advantages and disadvantages of the theories presented.
- Critically analyse the factors that should be taken into account when considering hard/soft systems approaches to change.
- It is important to draw a parallel between the theory and practice and use appropriate references for the facts given through application of the APA 6th Ed Referencing system.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the theories.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
- Understanding the Question: Make sure to thoroughly understand the question and its requirements. Identify key issues and areas raised by the question, such as the role of motivation theories in improving employee task performance.
- Motivation Theories: Provide a critical evaluation of motivation theories used in contemporary business settings. Use a variety of sources to define and explain these theories in detail. Cross-compare different theoretical approaches to showcase a comprehensive understanding.
- Application of Theories: Apply the motivation theories to contemporary business issues. Use workplace/organization/industry examples to illustrate the practical application of these theories. Analyze how these theories may work in different contexts.
- Advantages and Disadvantages: Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the presented motivation theories in enhancing organizational effectiveness. Consider different workplace scenarios and industries when discussing the practicality of these theories.
- Contextual Analysis: Assess the context in which motivation theories are applied, including industry, organizational age, size, etc. This analysis will provide a deeper understanding of the effectiveness of these theories in specific situations.
- APA Referencing: Use the APA 7th Edition Referencing system consistently to cite the sources and references appropriately.
- Soft and Hard Systems Models of Change: Analyze the differences between soft and hard systems models of change. Discuss how these models emphasize different aspects of change, including content, control, process, cultural, and political aspects.
- Advantages and Disadvantages: Explore the advantages and disadvantages of both soft and hard systems models. Critically evaluate the practicality and effectiveness of these models in driving organizational change.
- Factors to Consider: Analyze the factors that should be taken into account when deciding whether to employ soft or hard systems methodologies. Consider the specific organizational context and the nature of the change required.
- Theory and Practice: Draw parallels between the theoretical concepts and their practical application in real-world organizational change scenarios. Use relevant examples and case studies to illustrate your points effectively.
- APA Referencing: Ensure you use the APA 6th Edition Referencing system consistently for citing sources and references.
- Critical Analysis: Demonstrate critical thinking by evaluating different viewpoints and building independent opinions based on academic evidence and judgment.
- Balanced Arguments: Present balanced and persuasive arguments. Acknowledge counterarguments and respond to them thoughtfully.
- Clear Structure: Organize your responses with clear headings and subheadings. Avoid repetition and stay focused on addressing the specific requirements of each part.
- In-depth Research: Use a wide range of academic sources to support your arguments. Synthesize and integrate the literature to enhance the depth of your analysis.
- Originality: Strive to present original ideas and examples, avoiding generic or widely known illustrations.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.