HBC263: Hofstede once said, “Studying culture without experiencing culture shock is like practising swimming without experiencing water.” In order to explain this quote, conduct a series of in-depth semi-structured interviews involving you and one additional participant per student. Cross-Cultural Intelligence at the Workplace assignment
Module / Subject / School:
HBC263 Cross-Cultural Intelligence at the Workplace
Singapore University of Social Sciences
Hofstede once said, “Studying culture without experiencing culture shock is like practising swimming without experiencing water.”
In order to explain this quote:
- Conduct a series of in-depth semi-structured interviews involving you and one additional participant per student
- The steps for a successful qualitative research that includes a comprehensive literature review, data collection and analyses, as well as a coherent group report, are provided below.
- Preparation work: Your shall develop a credible and valid research study query to investigate Hofstede’s quote. You may find content from Weeks 1 through 4 helpful in order to reasonably appraise the intentions and merits of this quote.
- Propose a research question, e.g., “Qualitative research methodology is considered to be suitable when the researcher … intends to ascertain and theorize prominent issues” (Jamshed, 2014, p. 87). It would be useful if you have an idea of what to investigate and research before embarking on designing the interview questions.
- Research for literature review: In the report’s introduction, explain the relationship between the relevant theories, empirical research, and your research question in order to support your study design. A starting point for this assignment is to relate course concepts to Hofstede’s quote. Your literature review needs to offer adequate theoretical background and empirical support for this. Citations are necessary.
- Craft questions Now you can apply theory to formulate a qualitative interview. Read Jamshed (2014) if this is the first time you are coming across the idea of a semi-structured interview. Devise an interview guide before a) interviewing each other using this guide, as well. Your interview questions, when applied, should “cover the duration of 30 min to more than an hour,” and your respondents’ answers “need to be explored by the interviewer” (Jamshed, p. 87).
- Conduct interviews based on the crafted questions. either in-person, via phone, or through video chat.
6. Results and discussion: Analyse your data to answer your research question. This may mean looking for themes that are shared across respondents, or reconciling inconsistencies across data collected. When you discuss the results, bear in mind the theory on this subject and support your discussion with relevant concepts and empirical citations. This final segment of the report should not be mere results description without insightful analysis; such output would not meet pass criteria.
- You must cite theoretical and empirical evidence to support your arguments, with a minimum of 3 references listed accurately in APA format that are based on your additional research. That is, you shall cite at least THREE journal articles or published book chapters (excluding course compulsory readings).
- There is an abundance of credible resources that you can access from the library and databases. Always cite credible sources of information. That is, do not cite and refer to material like “https://www.singaporeexpats.com” or websites that are promotional in nature such as “https://www.holidify.com.” Reliance on such sources of information will be penalised with marks deduction.
- While you are not required to provide a transcript of interview content, provide your interview guide, and any follow-up questions per interviewee, as an appendix to your report to demonstrate your conceptualisation of your research method and interview content analysis.
- The word limit for this assignment is 1,400 words, excluding the reference list. Remember to provide the word count (which includes in-text citations) as well as a list of references at the end of the essay.
- You should aim for a word length of at least 90% of this word count as responses that fail to optimise the word count and are inadequate in length are unlikely to include sufficient points to address the GBA question.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their knowledge of the methodologies of qualitative research .
To score well on this assignment, follow these guidelines:
Question 1: You are tasked with explaining Hofstede’s quote by conducting a series of in-depth semi-structured interviews. The assignment has several steps:
- Preparation work: Develop a research study query to investigate Hofstede’s quote. Relate course concepts to the quote and have an idea of what you want to investigate before designing the interview questions.
- Research for literature review: In the introduction of your report, explain the relationship between relevant theories, empirical research, and your research question to support your study design. Provide a literature review that offers theoretical background and empirical support for the quote. Use citations accurately in APA format.
- Craft questions: Apply theory to formulate a qualitative interview. Read Jamshed (2014) for guidance on semi-structured interviews. Devise an interview guide and apply it to interview each other. The interview questions should cover a duration of 30 minutes to more than an hour and allow for exploration of respondents’ answers.
- Conduct interviews: Based on the crafted questions, conduct interviews either in-person, via phone, or through video chat.
- Results and discussion: Analyze your data to answer your research question. Look for shared themes across respondents and reconcile any inconsistencies. When discussing the results, support your analysis with relevant concepts and empirical citations. Avoid providing a mere description of results without insightful analysis.
- Cite at least three journal articles or published book chapters (excluding course readings) to support your arguments. Use credible sources and accurately list references in APA format.
- Provide your interview guide and any follow-up questions per interviewee as an appendix to demonstrate your research method and content analysis.
- Aim for a word length of at least 90% of the assigned word count (1,400 words) to ensure you address the assignment requirements adequately.
To score well, conduct thorough research, cite credible sources, and provide insightful analysis of the results. Ensure coherence between your literature review, research question, and discussion. Follow the word limit and accurately list your references in APA format.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.