ELT211: Paul A. Cantor claims that Prospero is “a hero whose distinguishing characteristic is his wisdom, rather than his force of passion or greatness of soul”. Do you agree? Understanding Shakespeare: Plays and Sonnets assignment
Module / Subject / School:
ELT211 Understanding Shakespeare: Plays and Sonnets
Singapore University of Social Sciences
Paul A. Cantor claims that Prospero is “a hero whose distinguishing characteristic is his wisdom, rather than his force of passion or greatness of soul” (68). Do you agree?
Your answer must demonstrate engagement with some of the critical views expressed by Cantor in his article, “Shakespeare’s The Tempest: The Wise Man as Hero.”
You should write around 1,200 words, but no more than 1,300 words
Before you write your TMA, you should do the following:
• Read the entire play The Tempest.
• Read Study Unit 4 on The Tempest, and complete the activities found within it.
• Read the critical essay “Tempest’” by Stephen J. Miko. The article can be found by doing a search on JSTOR which is accessible through the SUSS Library.
• You may also find useful material in the list of readings cited at the end of Study Unit 4 or as a result of your own research. But if you use this research, you must cite your sources.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of Shakespeare’s works.
To score well on this assignment, you need to follow a structured approach and engage critically with Paul A. Cantor’s claim about Prospero’s heroic characteristics. Before you begin writing your essay, it is important to complete several preparatory steps.
To score well on this assignment, you need to follow a structured approach and engage critically with Paul A. Cantor’s claim about Prospero’s heroic characteristics. Before you begin writing your essay, it is important to complete several preparatory steps. Let me guide you through the process:
- Read the entire play The Tempest: This will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the characters and themes, particularly Prospero’s role and development throughout the play.
- Study Unit 4 on The Tempest: Complete the activities provided in this study unit to deepen your analysis of the play. Pay attention to the themes and motifs explored and how they relate to the character of Prospero.
- Read the critical essay “Tempest” by Stephen J. Miko: Access this article through JSTOR, which is available via the SUSS Library. Miko’s essay will offer valuable insights into different perspectives on The Tempest and Prospero’s characterization.
- Conduct additional research: Consider exploring the suggested readings at the end of Study Unit 4 or conducting your own research to gather more information and diverse viewpoints. Remember to cite your sources appropriately.
Once you have completed these preliminary steps, you can begin writing your essay. Start by stating your position on Cantor’s claim about Prospero’s wisdom as a distinguishing characteristic of a hero. Support your argument with evidence from the play itself, referring to specific scenes, dialogues, and actions of Prospero.
Engage with Cantor’s article and other critical views, such as those presented in Miko’s essay. Analyze and evaluate these perspectives to develop a well-rounded argument.
Ensure that your essay is well-structured and follows a logical flow. Each paragraph should focus on a specific point or argument, providing clear supporting evidence. Use transitions to connect your ideas and maintain coherence throughout your essay.
Remember to adhere to the word limit of 1,200 to 1,300 words and provide proper citations for all sources used. This will demonstrate your engagement with relevant literature and strengthen the validity of your arguments.
By following these guidelines and critically engaging with Cantor’s claim and other critical views, you will be well-equipped to score well on this assignment.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.