COR1100: You are a business intern tasked to help your company plan a short-term project for its clients. Choose ONE of the options below and write a business proposal to your client addressing their objectives. Writing & Reasoning assignment
Module / Subject / School:
COR1100 Writing & Reasoning
Singapore Management University
You are a business intern tasked to help your company plan a short-term project for its clients. Choose ONE of the options below and write a business proposal to your client addressing their objectives.
Important note: Please be reminded that you should not be contacting any of the clients directly for information on their company or services. This applies to all channels of communication, including online and app-based platforms (e.g. web chats, online customer service enquiries, etc).
Choose ONE option only from below.
Option 1 Client: Autism Resource Centre (Singapore) / Pathlight School
Pathlight School is part of the Autism Resource Centre (Singapore) or ARC (S), a not-for-profit charity seeking to help children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) lead meaningful lives in society. Pathlight School is the first autism-focused school in Singapore to offer a unique blend of Singapore mainstream national curriculum and life readiness skills.
To meet the growing demand for education catered to students with ASD, ARC (S) is opening a second campus for Pathlight School in Tampines in 2025 and needs to ramp up recruitment for its Youths for Autism (YFA) internship programme. It is seeking proposals for a recruitment drive to enlist at least 100 youths for a 6-month internship.
In particular, ARC hopes to recruit interns from the following groups:
1. Males who have just finished National Service (after ORD)
2. Fresh polytechnic graduates
3. Current university students
4. Fresh university graduates
Choose ONE Of the above target groups and address the following in your proposal:
- What activities should ARC (S) consider for its recruitment campaign?
- What key messages should ARC (S) use in its recruitment campaign to inspire the target group to sign up for the YFA internship programme?
- How should ARC (S) publicise this recruitment drive?
ARC (S) is prepared to spend up to $1,000 for a recruitment campaign of two to three months
Option 2 Client: Engineering Good (EG)
Engineering Good (EG) is a non-profit volunteer organisation that aims to support disadvantaged and vulnerable communities, such as persons with disabilities and low-income families, by providing opportunities for engineers to develop more affordable assistive technology (AT) and other solutions. Since 2020, Computers against Covid, an EG initiative, has refurbished and distributed over 6,000 used laptops to families without the means to stay digitally connected or participate in home-based learning.
EG needs public donations to continue running Computers against Covid and its AT projects, which have been put on hold due to a lack of funds. Past fund-raising efforts have primarily targeted corporate sponsors through word-of-mouth and online campaigns. Now, EG is seeking proposals for its first public fund-raising campaign in 2023 to raise both its public profile and at least $10,000 in donations.
Your proposal should address the following concerns:
- How can EG differentiate itself from other non-profit or charitable organisations?
- Which group of prospective donors should the campaign focus on?
- How can EG best explain to prospective donors what it does and how their funds will be used?
As EG is a non-profit organization staffed mainly by volunteers, you should aim to keep the cost of this campaign low, with a budget capped at $1,000 and a maximum duration of three months.
Make sure that you have justified all your recommendations clearly and persuasively to your client, explaining fully how and why your proposed ideas will solve their problems.
The proposal should include the following:
- An executive summary
- Clear, concise and coherent recommendations, with claims fully supported by well-chosen evidence from relevant sources
- A brief operational plan, that includes an action plan, suggested methods for measuring the success of the project at the end and estimated costings for the project, within the budget scope
- Clear, succinct and complete executive summary
- Thesis Statement that gives a clear focus and intent for your writing
- Persuasive recommendation with well-developed justification and effective use of evidence for support
- Awareness of context, audience and purpose
- Clear, coherent and concise writing
- Effective use of language and grammatical accuracy
- Use of sources and citations
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the concepts.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
Option 1 – Autism Resource Centre (ARC) / Pathlight School:
- In your executive summary, ensure that you provide a clear and concise overview of the proposed recruitment campaign. Summarize the key points and objectives of your proposal.
- For the target group you choose (e.g., Males who have just finished National Service, Fresh polytechnic graduates, etc.), elaborate on the specific activities ARC should consider for the recruitment campaign. Your suggestions should be creative, cost-effective, and tailored to appeal to the chosen target group.
- When formulating key messages for the campaign, focus on what would inspire and motivate the chosen target group to sign up for the Youths for Autism (YFA) internship program. Consider addressing the potential benefits, skills development, and positive impact on society.
- In terms of publicity, explore various channels that ARC can use to reach the selected target group effectively. Consider both online and offline methods and justify why these channels would be appropriate and efficient within the given budget.
Option 2 – Engineering Good (EG):
- In your executive summary, clearly outline the objectives and focus of the public fundraising campaign. Concisely convey how EG aims to differentiate itself from other charitable organizations through this campaign.
- Identify a specific group of prospective donors that EG should target in the campaign. Explain why this group aligns well with EG’s mission and how they can be motivated to donate to the cause.
- When explaining EG’s initiatives and how the funds will be used, ensure that the messaging is clear, transparent, and compelling. Illustrate the impact of past projects and how additional funds can make a difference.
- Given the limited budget of $1,000 and a three-month duration, provide a detailed operational plan that outlines the specific actions, timelines, and costings for the campaign. Show how you will measure the success of the project at the end.
- Focus on making your recommendations persuasive and well-supported. Use evidence from relevant sources to back up your claims and showcase your awareness of context, audience, and purpose.
- Keep your writing clear, coherent, and concise. Avoid unnecessary jargon or overly complex language that could hinder your message’s clarity.
- Ensure grammatical accuracy and effective use of language throughout the proposal. Proofread your work to eliminate any errors that may distract from the quality of your content.
- Utilize appropriate sources and provide citations for any data, statistics, or external references used in the proposal.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.