BMGT 4050H: Select an organisation that has recently undergone a successful or failed organizational change initiative and carry out a diagnostic exercise on the goals and objectives of the change, the means in which the change was carried out and their implications for the outcomes of the change. Managing Organizational Change assignment
Module / Subject / School:
BMGT 4050H Managing Organizational Change
University College Dublin
Continuous Assessment: Group Project (40%)
Group Assignment Specification
- You are to select an organisation that has recently undergone a successful or failed organizational change initiative and carry out a diagnostic exercise on the goals and objectives of the change, the means in which the change was carried out and their implications for the outcomes of the change. The organisation may be a private business but may also be a public, voluntary or social type organisation. If it is a large organisation it is advisable to only explore a meaningful part of that entity (e.g. a department or unit).
- Apply appropriate approaches and tools covered during the module, undertake a systematic diagnosis of the organisation (or unit thereof). The report should be structured as follows:
- Executive summary (approx. 200 words)
- Background on the organization (approx. 200 words)
- An identification of the key problem(s) / opportunities that drove the change (approx. 400 words)
- Goals and objectives of the change (approx. 200 words).
- How the change was implemented (or is being implemented) (approx. 800 words)
- What worked well and why? (approx. 500 words)
- What did not work well and why? (approx. 500 words)
- Conclusion (approx. 200 words)
Suggested Length: 3,000 words (excluding tables, graphs, diagrams and appendices)
This assignment must be submitted in hard copy via your Programme Manager and in soft copy via Safe Assign on Blackboard. This assignment must be submitted on or before the due date indicated above.
Presentation Format: The assignment must be typed in Times New Roman, double spaced and follow a general report format. Please include a bibliography of any references and literature sources used. All student names and student numbers must be included on the cover pages of the assignment.
You should also complete the Team Agreement Form which can be found in the Orientation folder on the Programme Area on Blackboard and is also included in the appendices at the end of this study guide.
Value of Assignment: 40% of your final mark.
NOTE 1: This assignment must be done in self-selected groups of no more than four individuals
NOTE 2: Each student much include one short paragraph at the end of the main assignment, giving details of their input into the overall assignment (This is not included in the word count)
General Guidelines for All Assignments:
- All assignments are compulsory.
- Assignments must be submitted by the date specified, unless written permission has been given by the Programme Manager.
- Assignments should be typed using 12 font size, Times New Roman font style and 1.5 line spacing.
- Course members should familiarize themselves with the University’s policy on the late submission of coursework and on plagiarism.
- Each assignment should contain a statement that the work submitted is the original work of the author and has not been submitted previously for assessment in this or any other course. In addition, all sources used by you must be clearly and appropriately documented.
What we score:
Our Writer’s Comment
This assignment tests students on their understanding of the concepts.
Based on the assignment requirements provided, here are some comments to help students score well on this assignment:
- Organizational Selection: Advise students to carefully select an organization that has recently undergone a successful or failed organizational change initiative. Encourage them to consider organizations from various sectors, including private businesses, public entities, voluntary organizations, or social enterprises. Emphasize the importance of choosing a meaningful part of a large organization, such as a department or unit, to ensure manageable research and analysis.
- Applying Appropriate Approaches and Tools: Highlight the significance of using appropriate approaches and tools covered during the module to conduct a systematic diagnosis of the organization or its specific unit. Remind students to tailor their analysis to the context of the change initiative and utilize relevant concepts learned in the course.
- Report Structure: Emphasize the importance of following the provided report structure to maintain clarity and coherence. Each section of the report serves a specific purpose, such as providing background information, identifying key problems or opportunities, detailing the goals and objectives of the change, describing the implementation process, and evaluating its outcomes.
- Executive Summary: Advise students to pay special attention to the executive summary, as it is the first thing that evaluators read. Encourage them to succinctly summarize the key findings and insights from the report within the specified word limit.
- Inclusion of Bibliography: Remind students to include a bibliography of all references and literature sources used in the report. Properly document all sources to avoid any issues related to plagiarism.
- Team Agreement Form: Highlight the importance of completing the Team Agreement Form, which clarifies the roles and responsibilities of each group member. This form ensures effective teamwork and helps avoid conflicts or misunderstandings during the project.
- Individual Contributions: Advise each student to include a short paragraph at the end of the main assignment, detailing their individual input into the overall assignment. This paragraph should be separate from the word count and provides a fair assessment of each student’s contributions.
- Time Management: Stress the significance of effective time management throughout the project. Encourage students to start early, conduct thorough research, and allocate sufficient time for writing, editing, and proofreading the report.
- Presentation Format: Remind students to follow the specified presentation format, including font style, size, and line spacing. Maintaining a consistent and professional format enhances the overall presentation of the report.
- Original Work and Documentation: Reinforce the importance of original work and proper documentation of all sources used. Students should clearly state that the work submitted is their own and has not been previously assessed in any other course.
Why are we trusted by Singaporean part-time students?
- Assurance of Academic Success: We are confident in the quality of our work so much so that we offer a 200% money-back guarantee if our work is not of sure-pass quality. This showcases our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional essays that consistently meet the highest academic standards.
- Well-Established and Trusted: With a decade of experience in the industry, we have built a strong and reputable presence. Our long-standing track record speaks to our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Students can have confidence in our extensive expertise and our proven ability to help bachelor and master’s students excel in their academic pursuits.
- Valuable Testimonials: We are proud to have received numerous testimonials from hundreds of satisfied students who have benefited from our services. These testimonials serve as a testament to the trust and satisfaction students place in our essay writing service. The positive feedback highlights the quality of our work and the positive impact we have had on our clients’ academic journeys.
- High Ratings on Google: Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the positive ratings we consistently receive from students. With an impressive 4.6 rating on Google, students can rely on the feedback shared by others who have had successful experiences with our service. These positive reviews further reinforce the trust students can place in the quality of our work and the positive outcomes we deliver.
- Strict Confidentiality: We prioritize the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Students can trust that their personal information and engagement with our service will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and security. We never disclose any client details to third parties.
While we have scored well for this assignment, we do not provide any sample assignment for this. If you’d like us to work on this, you can try our model assignment writing service.